🚀 Our mission
We’re building tomorrow’s tech workforce to solve the global talent shortage. We make it easier to learn in-demand tech skills and get hired, currently with courses in Product Design and Software Engineering. Our learners land dream roles at companies such as Amazon, Google, Spotify, Financial Times and more after completing our programmes.
Learn more about us https://www.lovecircular.com/about
Our instructors and instructing assistants have the option of being assigned two forms of coaching: bootcamps and/or live sessions.
- Occasionally support 3 hours-long workshops hosted by the primary instructor
- Support up to 12 students in a cohort
- Classes are held via Zoom
- Giving in-depth feedback to learners, mostly through code reviews
- 24 weeks syllabus (with one week break in the middle)
- All lesson content is provided by us, including training on how to deliver and teach our syllabus
👉 Your role: help students with their projects and give them feedback through GitHub code reviews and Discord.
- 30-60 minutes live webinar-style sessions
- Hosting up to 40 students at a time
- No set schedule but typically during GMT waking hours
- Topics include syllabus content as well as careers
- Example of one of our live design sessions here
👉 Your role: creating and delivering content
🧑💻 What you'll be doing
- Providing feedback to students via GitHub code reviews and through Discord
- Help the instructor with maintaining student progress logs
- Attend monthly team catch up
- You won’t be required to attend most workshops, but you will be expected to join the first sessions to familiarise yourself with the students.
🧑🏫 Your skills and experience
- Strong work experience in full-stack web development at a mid-weight or senior position. To comfortably give feedback on the content we provide, it’s better if you’re familiar with the following:
- Git and GitHub
- HTML and CSS
- Experience conducting code reviews
- Experience mentoring junior developers and giving unbiased, empathetic feedback
- Strong knowledge of web fundamentals and ability to apply best practices to keep code maintainable, readable, and performant
- Experience with test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Good soft skills
- Confidence in dealing with ambiguity, we're still working on processes
🤝 What's in it for you
- Remote freelance work, so you can keep your day job
- Earn £700 per month for bootcamps
- Be able to strengthen your CV with relevant mentoring experience
- Work with a startup that's rapidly gaining traction for delivering excellent results
- Be part of a diverse team of talented people
💌 Apply Here
Please note: Currently only able to accept applicants based in the UK.
Apply via our Airtable form below: